The Cigar Bowl was a post-season college football game which was held in Tampa, Florida from 1947 to 1954. It was played at Phillips Field, which was located across the Hillsborough River from downtown Tampa at the current site of Tampa Preparatory School and Julian Lane Riverfront Park. The Cigar Bowl was sponsored by the local Egypt Temple Shrine as a fundraising event. The limited capacity of Phillips Field and the rising cost of hosting the event caused The Shriners to discontinue support in 1955. The bowl's name was inspired by the local cigar industry, which had been a major factor in Tampa's growth around the turn of the 20th Century. This was the site of the first bowl game for the Florida State Seminoles (1950) and the Tampa Spartans (1952). In 1950, Florida State won the game 19 to 6.