You are here
FSU Digital Library
Search this Collection
The Florida State University Digital Library provides online access to thousands of unique manuscripts, photographs, pamphlets, rare books, historic maps and other materials from across the FSU campus libraries and beyond. Our goal is to support active learning and engagement by providing ample opportunities for discovery and scholarship. In order to achieve this goal, our digital library is constantly adding new resources.
- Title: Bradford-Eppes Family Collection
- Description: This collection is comprised of two physical collections held in FSU Special Collections. The first collection is the personal papers of Susan Branch Bradford Eppes (1848-1942), best known for her written works on Florida history and civic activities in Tallahassee, Florida. Her papers include a ...
- Abstract/Description: Personal papers of Susan Branch Bradford Eppes (1848-1942) including a biography of Eppes, photographs, correspondence, typescript works by Eppes, documentation of the Eppes family, and publications collected by Eppes.
- Title: Caribbean Collections
- Title: Charles R. Mathews Papers on Medicare Implementation
- Description: Charles R. Mathews Papers on Medicare Implementation Collection contains a digitized binder of materials from the "Presidential Meeting on Medicare Implementation" in Washington, DC on June 15, 1966 along with other meeting related primary source materials.
- Title: Civil War Era Materials
- Description: The Civil War, also known as the War between the States, was fought from 1861 to 1865 up and down the American eastern seaboard. It was started when several Southern states declared their secession from the United States and formed the Confederate States of America (the Confederacy). The war ori...
- Title: Claude Pepper Papers
- Description: The Mildred and Claude Pepper Collection was donated by Congressman Claude Pepper to the Florida State University Libraries in 1979. Subsequent donations were made during the 1980s, and additional materials were acquired following his death in 1989. The collection contains over two million pages ...
- Title: Cookbooks and Herbals
- Description: Herbals, which describe the appearance of medicinal plants, tell how to gather, prepare, preserve and store them. These books contribute to the work of physicians, pharmacists and botanists by providing data about the indication and dosage of these plants. Elizabethan literature is filled with re...
- Title: Cuneiform Tablet Collection
- Description: While excavating in Babylonia (present-day Iraq) for the University of Chicago in 1903-1904, archeologist Dr. Edgar J. Banks (1866 –1945) acquired a magnificent collection of ancient inscribed Babylonian clay tablets which illustrate the oldest of writings. They are mostly temple records and bu...
- Title: Davis Houck Papers
Research materials gathered by Professor Davis Houck on the Emmett Till murder case and related events, including news clippings and government records.
- Abstract/Description: Research materials gathered by Professor Davis Houck on the Emmett Till murder case and related events, including news clippings and government records.
- Title: Dirac Shoebox Collection
- Description: This collection contains a small portion of the Dirac Papers that was originally identified as part of a “shoebox collection,” presumably because they arrived at Special Collections & Archives in shoebox-type containers (or, actual shoeboxes) from either the Dirac home or Dirac’s FSU office...
- Title: Edward Lear's Book of Nonsense
- Description: Edward Lear was a British poet and painter. Although he wrote many poetry volumes and travel journals, he is best known for his Book of Nonsense, first published in 1846, which consists of drawings and short poems he wrote for the grandchildren of Lord Derby. While he is not credited as the inven...
- Title: FSU Lives: Portal to the Past, Prologue to the Future
- Description: The Florida State University has a long and illustrious history dating back to the legislation creating it in 1851. Through its many names, Seminary West of Suwannee, Florida Female College, Florida State College for Women (FSCW) and The Florida State University (FSU), its students identified the...
- Title: Florida History and Heritage
- Description: The Florida History and Heritage Collection combines book and manuscript collections held at FSU to provide online access to materials broadly representing Florida's history, culture, arts, literature, sciences and social sciences. See each individual collection for a more specific collec...
- Title: Harrison Sayre Circus Collection
- Description: The Harrison Sayre Circus Collection consists of selected materials that were digitized from the original Sayre Circus Collection. Harrison Sayre was an active circus enthusiast and traveler, and the digitized collection contains photographs and posters from circuses across the United States and as ...
- Title: Heritage Protocol & University Archives
- Description: Heritage Protocol is a campus-wide initiative to document and preserve the history of Florida State University. Particular emphasis is placed on documenting the student experience through collecting items and artifacts that tell the stories of the many students who have attended the university. H...
- Title: Historical Newspapers
- Description: This collection holds newspaper issues from various titles from a period of the 17th century to the 20th century. The majority of the collection is focused on newspapers from the American southeast. Several different physical collections contribute to the digital collection. Those collections ...
- Title: Il Secolo
- Description: This collection holds a nine month run of the Italian newspaper Il Secolo, a 4 page political daily that introduced many technological and thematic innovations in Italian journalism. Founded in 1866 by publisher Edoardo Sonzogno, in the space of a decade it became the most widely read national da...
- Title: Institute on World War II and the Human Experience
- Description: The focus of the Institute on World War II and the Human Experience is collecting and preserving the memories of the men and women who participated in all the military branches, service with the Merchant Marine, Red Cross, USO, workers and volunteers on the Home Front (e.g., ship-building yards, ...
- Abstract/Description: The focus of the Institute on World War II and the Human Experience is collecting and preserving the memories of the men and women who participated in all the military branches, service with the Merchant Marine, Red Cross, USO, workers and volunteers on the Home Front (e.g., ship-building yards, def...
- Title: John House Stereograph Collection
- Description: The collection bears the name of the British art historian who collected it over a period of more than four decades, John House (1945-2012). The collection, acquired for the FSU Department of Art History by Jennifer S. Pride as part of Professor House’s estate, represents the late scholar’s e...
- Title: John MacKay Shaw Childhood in Poetry Collection
- Description: John MacKay Shaw was born in Glasgow, Scotland, on May 15, 1897. He immigrated to the United States as a child in 1911. He enlisted in the Army in 1917 and was stationed in France with the Ambulance Corp during World War I. Shaw went to work for the Bell Telephone System as a adult, and r...
- Title: Juvenile Literature
- Description: This collection pulls from several different collections such as the John M. Shaw Collection overall, the Shaw Childhood in Poetry Collection, and various other childhood literature collections at FSU. These books look at the experience of childhood through stories, poetry, songs and illustrations p...